Quick Action - passing rich text?

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a quick action to email a selected part of a Numbers spreadsheet. However, if I try to pass "rich text" (select Workflow receives current ...), the quick action doesn't show up in the Services menu. If I just select "text", it does show up but obviously passes unformatted text to the email, which isn't readable.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Numbers?
-Are you creating an Automator Workflow? If so, can you give us the steps and/or post a screenshot?

C

Reaction score
Hi.

Using the latest macOS (10.14.6) with Automator Version 2.9. I don't think the version Numbers is important, as I can reproduce the same behaviour with other apps (as soon as I set it to "rich text", the quick action no longer shows in the Services menu), but for what it's worth, I'm on Numbers version 6.1 (6369).

I'm not creating an Automator Workflow: I'm building a Quick Action so that the action is available on the Services menu:

Screenshot 2019-09-22 at 22.50.42.png

Works well if I set the input to just "text". But it disappears from the Services menu when I set it to "rich text".

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I am not to well-versed with Automator, but I will test it on my Mac and get back to you. Maybe Quick Actions cannot process rich text the same as plain text?

C

Ask a Question