Question mark in toolbar

Reaction score
Hello,
after removing an item from the upper toolbar, a question-mark appeared in its place. How can I get rid of it? Thank you in advance! :D

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Do you mean the space to the far right? What was the item and what method did you use to remove it & Bowie is cool!

Reaction score
A folder and an .aiff file, that were moved to trash. And yes, I've been listening to Bowie since the "Low" album (the first one I ever heard) and since then I'm a great fan! ;)

Reaction score
Screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 341
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to work with the right click. It only asks me if I want icon, text or both and to customize the toolbar, in which I didn't find anything concerning the problem.

Reaction score
Hi,

OK just wanted to make sure right click would not work, so you removed the linked files in the toolbar, thus now your system will not be able to locate those relevant files. This means you have two routes to remove as the question marks in the toolbar that have taken place of the file's icons.
1. You can either restore the moved or deleted files.
2. Or remove the links from the toolbar by holding the Command key while dragging it off the toolbar.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Ahh, it's the toolbar in a finder window ... yes Command + dragging will remedy that :)

Reaction score
Hi SD,

At first I thought it was the desktop menu bar, but am sure the poster means finder.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Back atcha oldscribe :)

Most def in Finder ... I've encountered the very same ? and Command + drag does the trick every time ... :)

Reaction score
Leondpap did see your hints and is very thankful. It worked perfectly. :) I had attached the screen shot in an earlier post, to show you the problem. Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi,

Pleased all is well, traveling last few days so on phone and screen shots don't appear in full screen:eek:

Ask a Question