Question about Word

Reaction score
I have a large amount of unsaved work on a word document.

-I cannot access the save button
-I checked the auto recovery files and opened it using a different method...found only a small portion of it autosaved
-I called AppleTech support where they said that they could further assess my problem if I paid $17. I would rather not pay for them to give me a simple answer unless they could actually recover it...?

Is there anything I can do to save my work before I force quit?

Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

Possibly use the export option from the file menu to a destination /folder of your choice, instead of save.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Maybe you could select all, copy, and paste in another word processing application?

C

Reaction score
Nope, Word does this if it has been left ope to long. You may not even be able to copy and paste it.

Solution: Don't use Word, use Pages, it can open and save documents. It also supports Auto Save on and Versions on Lion+

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score

Any help would be appreciated!

If there's no other way to save your work you could always take a screenshot but you would have to manually type it all over again into whichever Word Processing app you use ...

Ask a Question