Purchasing OS X

Reaction score
In case it helps, I just discovered yesterday that many old versions of OSX are available on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
In case it helps, I just discovered yesterday that many old versions of OSX are available on Amazon for a reasonable price.
NOTE: Any versions of OS X from 10.7 Lion and later available on Amazon are not official Apple legal, supported versions. They were created on discs and thumb drives outside the Apple Software license, and I would stay away from them. The only way to get them was to "purchase" them for $0.00 in the App Store and download them.

If you have an Apple Store near you, they would probably be happy to install OS X for you.

C

Reaction score
Hi there Cory,

I would get el Capitan from Apple, except that to my knowledge they no longer provide it. If you know otherwise I'd be happy to be educated on that.

Nearest Apple Store 2 hours away. Not really interested in dragging an iMac anywhere, waiting in line etc.

Definitely not interested in Sierra, or any other new OS from Apple. These articles might help explain why...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/...ith-osx-sierra

And this...

http://osxdaily.com/2016/09/24/troub...erra-problems/

The problem arose because I purchased this Mac from MacOfAllTrades, and they sent it with the wrong OS. Then they sent a flash drive to try to fix their mistake, and the flash drive contained no installer. So....

As far as I know I really don't have any other choice but to buy the final version of El Capitan on Amazon. I'm happy to be corrected if you should have info that I don't.

Ask a Question