Problem with the hard disk or something

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem.
When I turn on my compuer I can see the apple logo with a bar.
I tried first aid in the recovery mod but I got an error : can't repair volume because other apfs volumes in its container...
Who can help me please ?

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem.
When I turn on my compuer I can see the apple logo with a bar.
I tried first aid in the recovery mod but I got an error : can't repair volume because other apfs volumes in its container...
Who can help me please ?
It will be a great help if you can let us know your Mac model. You can find it here:

 -> About This Mac -> System Report…

You Mac’s model identifier will be under Hardware Overview, Model Identifier. It will be the make of the Mac, a number, comma, number.

Please clarify what’s happening. When you see the Apple logo with a bar, is it the white on black Apple logo with the progress bar underneath? What happens next? Does it stay in this state?

Do you get into Recovery Mode by starting and holding down command-D? In this state, I can’t think of why Disk Utility will not be able to check your disk since in Recovery, all of the containers and volumes would be unmounted.

Reaction score
It will be a great help if you can let us know your Mac model. You can find it here:

You Mac’s model identifier will be under Hardware Overview, Model Identifier. It will be the make of the Mac, a number, comma, number.

Please clarify what’s happening. When you see the Apple logo with a bar, is it the white on black Apple logo with the progress bar underneath? What happens next? Does it stay in this state?

Do you get into Recovery Mode by starting and holding down command-D? In this state, I can’t think of why Disk Utility will not be able to check your disk since in Recovery, all of the containers and volumes would be unmounted.

How to back up files from mac to external Hard Drive in recovery mode without time machine?

Reaction score
How to back up files from mac to external Hard Drive in recovery mode without time machine?
You cannot do a backup in Recovery. The only way I can think of, if your Mac cannot boot normally to allow for Time Machine or other backup utility to run, is to boot into Target Disk Mode (start and hold down the “T” key) and then connect it to another Mac and have the latter perform the backup. Connect the two via FireWire, Thunderbolt, or USB-C.

Ask a Question