Problem syncing iPhone to iMac

Reaction score
Hi, hoping for help with an issue that has just happened today (3 March).
I was in the process of syncing my partner's iPhone 13 mini to iTunes when she rather hastily clicked 'skip' as the phone was syncing.
Ever since, both my partner's and my phone (iPhone 13) will not sync to iTunes. It doesn't give the 'Trust' option on our phones anymore or automatically launch iTunes.

The phones connect to the Mac okay as the Photos folder still automatically launches and I see all the photos on my phone.
I use a USB connection on the Mac to connect from phone to computer.

So far, I have tried the following.
• Restarted both the Mac and iPhone
• Used a different cable
• Used a different USB port
• Deleted iTunes preferences and re-started Mac

It's an older iMac, but have never had any issues until today. The Mac spec is: iMac Late 2015 Intel Core running El Capitan 10.11.6.
iTunes is version 12.8.2.3

Any tips gratefully received, as I'm no longer able to copy music from iTunes to my Music folder on my iPhone (unless there's another way of doing it?).
Many thanks in advance....
Paul

Reaction score
Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

If you run the MobileDeviceUpdater, it should fix your issue.

To do this, in the Finder under the Go menu select Go to Folder.
Type in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources
In the folder that opens locate MobileDeviceUpdater and run it.

just a note that after you double click on MobileDeviceUpdater, you will not see it run. It will start a background process that should resolve your issue.

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the tip. I tried it but unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.
Maybe I tried to connect my phone too soon. How long do you recommend letting it 'do its thing' before trying to connect?

Also, should I have done a restart after running the application and before trying to connect?

Many thanks,
Paul

Reaction score
Hi Paul,

Sometimes it works right away. Since this isnt your case, then I would recommend restarting both your mac and your iPhone.

Ask a Question