Problem saving incoming email messages into Mailbox for different correspondents.

Reaction score
Hello, I am elderly and not very adept with technology.
Using iMac running OS Catalina. I am using Apple Mail, but have also switched to iCloud, gradually phasing out the Mail account.
In Mail, when I try to "click and drag" an incoming email into the Mailbox of the sender, it will not then appear in the Mailbox.I have thoroughly explored the Apple Support website, as well as doing numerous searches on my browser (Safari).

Can anyone please offer an explanation,or better still, a solution to this vexing problem? Could this be an inherent flaw in Catalina? So far I have not attempted to reindex Spotlight.

Many thanks, Mike Blayney.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Is this an iCloud email account, or third-party account like Gmail, Hotmail, etc.?
-Are the mailboxes you created listed in the iCloud or On My Mac section in the left pane of the Mail application?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
I have both an iCloud account and a third-party account (Apple's Mail).
The mailboxes FOR EACH are listed in the iCloud section and the On My Mac section in the left pane of the Mail app.

Thanks for replying!

Ask a Question