• Automatically restart

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
  • MacBoo Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010),
  • 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
  • I have OS X El Capitan, but the problem occurred also on my previous OS X version Mavericks.
  • The problem occures very randomly, a few minutes after start when the processor is cold or after 4 h when the processor is hot.
  • I checked my ram separately and on both the problem occurred.
  • I have a ssd instead of the cd device and installed El Capitain on both harddisk and ssd and again it crashed on both devices.
Here is the Problem report, any suggestions? thanks : )

Anonymous UUID: 863B3B75-5CFA-700B-F69E-649549FB72EF

Thu Mar 31 08:41:57 2016

*** Panic Report ***

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff7f92fe6bd5): "GPU Panic: [<None>] 5 3 7f 0 0 0 0 3 : NVRM[0/1:0:0]: Read Error 0x00000100: CFG 0xffffffff 0xffffffff 0xffffffff, BAR0 0xd2000000 0xffffff90bc179000 0x0a5480a2, D0, P3/4\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleGraphicsControl/AppleGraphicsControl-3.12.6/src/AppleMuxControl/kext/GPUPanic.cpp:127

Full report is attached

Attachments

• Problem Report. 31.03.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 407

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Nothing stands out in the kernel panic log that you have attached. If it was happening with previous versions of OS X, then it may be an actual hardware issue. That particular model did have a Repair Extension Program for video issues, but has ended and Apple is no longer repairing them for free.

Cures for a panicking mid-2010 MacBook Pro

-Have you tried switching the graphics processor in System Preferences... > Energy Saver > uncheck Automatic graphics switching. There were known kernel panics with it enabled.
-Do you have any third-party utilities such as MacKeeper or CleanMyMac installed?
-Do you have any antivirus software installed?

C

Reaction score
Hello

Thank you for answer. I will try with turning of the graphic switching.
- I havn't installed MacKeeper or CleanMyMac....I thought they are not helpful?
- An No I havn't any antivirus software.....which one could you recommend?

thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Let us know if switching the graphics helps.

-MacKeeper and CleanMyMac are supposed to be helpful, but are notorious for causing more issues than they help. We don't recommend either.
-I personally don't recommend any antivirus apps, especially those that do real-time scanning, as they can slow your Mac to a crawl. If you really want one, ClamXav is a good one, as it can be purely run manually, but it isn't really needed for the Mac.

C

Ask a Question