Printing Issue

Reaction score
New to Mac. Just purchased macbook pro today. My problem is that I have an excel spreadsheet that I use for invoicing. I use Excel 2016 from Office 360 on the mac. I used the same sheet in Windows. The problem is that when I print it, it doesn't format out right. Everything is larger so it prints 2 pages instead of one with the last column going on the second page. This also happens if I print from my iPad Pro. It prints fine from the windows computer.
Is there something that can be done to correct this, other than reformatting the spreadsheet?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

There are a few options to correct this:

-In the Print dialog box, you could use the Scale to fit: section to set it to print one page wide.
-Use the set print area command
-It could also be that the spreadsheet uses a font that is not installed on the Mac/iPad Pro, which is substituting a font of a larger size. You could change the font size to a point or two smaller - i.e. 12 pt down to 11 pt or 10 pt.

I don't have access to Excel 2016 here at home, but I can check at the office tomorrow and let you know of anything additional.

C

Reaction score
Thanks. I did cut down on the size of the table. Works but looks funky. NowI need to find out if fonts on my windows computer will work on the Mac. I really like the Macbook, but the transition from a person who has been using windows since 3.1 on floppies, it's a whole new learning curve!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it is a totally different workflow and system logic than Windows.

Most Windows fonts will probably not work. However, Office fonts installed with Office 2016 should be the same/similar to the ones for the Windows version of Office.

What font was originally used in the Windows Excel file?

C

Ask a Question