Printer woes ? or maybe not.

Reaction score
Up until we moved house my wireless printers were working fine with both the iMac and the MBP, I have not had reason to use them until today. I got them out of their boxes plugged them in and oops, neither would work. I decided that I would start over again with them so I did a 'reset printing system', re download the drivers and installed them. Everything seemed O/K at first or so I thought. I had to shutdown the computer and printers when I went out for a few hours and on restarting the computer and printers the Epson was O/K but the Canon would not communicate. So I did another 'reset printing system' set up the printers and again everything worked O/K. So I shut down again to see what happens and once more the Epson is O/K and the Canon won't play ball. After a little cursing I went through the routine again and and fingers crossed, everything seems O/K. even after a couple of shutdowns both printers are going well.
I will hope that come tomorrow morning things are still good.
Not sure what I did differently the third time but all's well that ends well :)

Reaction score
What exact MacOS are you using?

I have a Canon MX890 printer, and the Canon Printer Drivers that come with Sierra (OS 10.12.x) work fine (same was true with previous Mac OS systems (El Capitan, Yosemite, etc.) I was using.

Reaction score
According to this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201465#Canon

there are drivers in Sierra for the Canon MG3100 series. Similarly, there is one for the Canon MX890 series, and my printer is a Canon MX892 model. Everything works fine with Sierra and with it connected to my MacMini. I would assume that your MG3150 is part of the MG3100 series.

Ask a Question