SOLVED Print Design Software

Reaction score
I recently updated to Catalina without checking what problems is would cause and, as already warned, none of my Print Design software will work as it is all 32-bit. The one I use most is Mackiev's Print Shop 4 and they have not yet released an update to enable it to work again so I am really stuck as I need to print greetings cards and other things for sale later this month.

Since I can't access all my saved templates etc. on Print Shop I am prepared to buy new software if I am sure it will work on Catalina but I can't seem to find anything online.

Does anyone know of any Mac Catalina compatible Print Design software I can purchase? I do already have Print Life, which is 64-bit but, since the update, it is not functioning properly either meaning I've been unable to design new templates.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not familiar with any that would be Catalina-compatible and be able to open your Print Shop 4 files. You could contact MacKiev and see if they have a release date for a compatible version.

Swift Publisher from BeLight Software may work, and it is Catalina-compatible. They have a free trial, and are a great company.

C

Reaction score
I've contacted MacKiev to find out when they expect to have an update. In the meantime, I downloaded a trial version of Swift Publisher and it looks like it could meet my need, in the short term at least so I have now bought the software.

Thanks for providing this information and I am now reasonably confident I will be able to produce greetings cards for later this month.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Great!

Let me know how you like it, and whether MacKiev gets back to you.

C

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the old Print shop not working on my new Laptop with Ventura. Bought Print shop for Mac version 1.2.5. It has been a nightmare ...I lose every project I do and the support from Broderbund is not forthcoming. I would avoid that .

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the old Print shop not working on my new Laptop with Ventura. Bought Print shop for Mac version 1.2.5. It has been a nightmare ...I lose every project I do and the support from Broderbund is not forthcoming. I would avoid that .

This does not surprise me. Three years on and still no update so they’re clearly not intending to support Mac users. I was especially annoyed at the time as I’d just paid to upgrade to their latest version.

Ask a Question