Potential Virus

Reaction score
I Apologise i this has been posted before, newbie to forum, but have done a quick search to see if a similar issue has already been identified.... to no avail.

Can some one tell me if this is a genuine message or phishing or adware/malware
upload_2017-2-21_16-10-36.png
upload_2017-2-21_16-10-36.png

Reaction score
No, such messages are BS, plain and simple. Don't EVER respond to any of them. I also use Google Chrome, and I get them too.

Also, it would be good to download, install, and run the excellent Anti-Malware program Malwarebytes, available from here:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

Reaction score
Thanks honestone, I have tried to unpack chrome but am struggling! I blame the BBC websites and my Myfi and the fact that I am currently in Nigeria!!!
!!

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "unpack chrome", but when I get such "alerts", I have to switch to the Finder, select "Force Quit" by clicking on the Black Apple menu heading, then select Google Chrome from the subsequent pop-up menu. Yea, a PITA, but that's the only way to get back to normal.

Reaction score
Ran malwarebytes scan nothing found! Have installed Adblock and adblock plus which appears to have resolved for now! But we shall see!

Ask a Question