SOLVED Please help

symbiot999

Reaction score
Ok, So here's the deal. I bought a 2007 MacBook yesterday turned it on and everything it was fine as far I could see. But then when I got home "taking it back is not an option" and look further into it I noticed that a lot of applications where missing. Like system preferences and disk utility and lots of others except the web browser. Also, I did not get the recovery CDs with it. I did load it into recovery and do the -uw Applesetupdone to reset what I could. But nothing changed except my user name. My next thought was I would install Linux but even that doesn't work because it won't detected a USB stick on boot and apparently a major problem with the 2007s was a mass fail of the super drives. They just keep ejecting the disc. So installing it on the disc is out. The only other computer I have is a windows pc. Please help.

Lufbrarunner

Reaction score
What is the precise model number and what OS version is it running?

Ad

Advertisements

symbiot999

Reaction score
What is the precise model number and what OS version is it running?
Ok, So here is what is going. pretty everything that I tried did not work so what I ended up doing it getting snow leopard and then using transmac to make a USB install of it. I started the install in os tiger and then it restarted. It is currently installing says it has like 30 mins. I will let you know how everything turns out if or when it finishes/

symbiot999

Reaction score
I FIXED IT!!! so it works now, Here are the steps I took in case anyone else needs it. First I got snow leopard, then I downloaded TransMac and then I used a flash drive and restored the Dmg to the flash drive. Then I Loaded it in trigger 10.4.11 and the MacBook restarted and installed it and now it works.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question