Please help. Some websites not showing images...

Reaction score
Hi,
Some websites are not displaying images and i don't know why...

If would be awesome if someone could help as I'm lost on this.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

(Ive attached a screenshot)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 11.07.25 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 11.07.25 am.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 340
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Sorry to say, that made no difference. I also have firefox, its the same on there too.

Reaction score
it could be the web site, drag and drop one of the files and see what it looks like in Preview

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Website looks okay to me ...

Check your browser add-ons too to see if a recently installed one may be responsible

Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.00.34 PM.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks for the help so far.

I can not see any add ons that would cause this. Most pages work fine, there are just a fews that are doing this but because it happens to the exact same website on both safari and firefox is making me think it my preferences on my mac and not my browser or its settings etc...

Ive attached a screenshot of my add ons, they are exactly the same on safari and firefox

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.32.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 4.32.28 pm.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 346

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Were they still blurry when you viewed them using Preview? Can you try another user account? Have you installed anything recently?

Reaction score
Personally, I'd say to just remove all of the add ons and see if it works then... If you haven't done this already anyways. If it turns out that the issue was from Add ons, just add each of those add ons back one by one, testing after each one to see which one caused it. This way you'll be able to keep you add ons except the one(or more) that is/are causing the issue.

If this isn't it, try checking your firewall settings and such, maybe blocking images from sites.

If you've ever messed around with ports/port forwarding, I've had issues once where I port forwarded and suddenly only certain sites would load... So if you've port forwarded or messed with ports any, go check those and see if anything funny's going on.

Possibly, probably not likely, but possibly could also be parental controls.

Could be proxy stuff as well, though I've never heard of that specific issue, I have heard of people messing with proxies and ended up with issues using some/all browsers. Personally I've never messed around with proxies, complete stranger to them. Meaning, if that is the issue, I'm stumped as to what you could do about it.

This is all I can think of personally... Good luck, hope any of this helps.

Typically and preferably a Window's user, so I am somewhat talking based off of knowledge from that, but from what I've noticed there isn't too much of a difference as far as issues go.

- SamuTheFrog

Ask a Question