Please help! debug.log...sent and suspicious keychain access - do I have a virus?

Reaction score
Please help! Recently when I have looked in my Finder under history of Today - I have found dozens of files saying debug.log********upload and others saying debug.log****** sent. There are other suspicious documents that I don't know anything about. There was also an indication that Keychain had been accessed. I didn't even know what Keychain was and I opened it and found almost 200 certificates - all to places that I don't know anything about - some are names of banks that I recognize and others are places that seem to be in Switzerland, Hong Kong, or Turkey. Does anyone know what's going on? Is this a virus? How can I stop this and get rid of it so that it is safe to connect to the internet again? I have tried to get Mac Help but I'm in Africa so I have not been able to connect from here. Please help! Thank you!

Reaction score
Hi,

You don't give any info on your Mac also did you get it new, or was it second hand? If second hand would defiantly erased and done a clean install of OS X.

Your Keychain is password protected (which is done by default), it's as safe as anywhere else on your Mac to keep sensitive information. You can change the default Keychain from login, you do this by creating a new Keychain and making it the default. You can then give it another personal password.

Bottom line is personally don't feel you have a virus.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for responding to this. I got my mac brand new about 3 1/2 years ago. What do you think all the debug.log sent things are? And how did all those certificates get in my Keychain? I didn't even know what a keychain was until it popped up out of nowhere yesterday and I've never said I wanted any website to remember my password, ever.

Reaction score
Hi,

Am away at present so only pop in here sporadically so maybe someone else will pick your thread up.
You need to look deeper into your logs which should be found here / saved.
/Library/Logs/DirectoryService

Ask a Question