Pierreadolf from France

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am Pierreadolf,German, living in France since 24 years in a small town.I love the country life.
Last year I bought my first MAC an occasion,Mac Book Pro from 2011.I think it is the last that has a DVD Player and I wanted that.
OK this is not the right place for my question but I can not imagine were else to put it,it is:
I recorded a CD with old Chinese Music which I want to send to a friend in the USA,but I think I once heard something about that they have another code there . What do you think ? It runs on my MAC but will it run on hers? Thanks for your help,Pierreadolf

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

If it is a standard audio CD, it will play anywhere in the world. If it is a DVD, then the DVD region code may come into play. Europe is Region 2 and North America (US and Canada) is Region 1.

C

Reaction score
Cory,

Given that he recorded the CD, what would be a "standard" audio format (or are there choices)?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
honestone,

Depending on how they burned (recorded) an audio CD, they should be playable on all CD players. Normal audio CD files are stored in AIFF format, but you can make MP3 and other audio discs as well. Using third-partyy software like Roxio Toast, you can burn actual Red Book standard CDs, which conform to the same standards as commercial CDs you purchase.

C

Reaction score
Thanks, Cory.

So I guess it depends on how the op "burned" the CD, ie, what software did he use and what settings were used.

Reaction score
Thank you all very much!
I recorded it with Audacity but I converted it from their format to MP3.And how I learned from honestone`s link to : makeuseof.com it should be playable on every CD Player.

Reaction score
Good to hear. But please the next time when we ask you for the Mac OS you are using, answer our question. That can be an important piece of information.

Ask a Question