Photos syncing between iPhone and MacBook

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iPhone 6 having (apparently) 2.1GB remaining memory and running iOS 12.5.6, and a macbook c. 2015 running Catalina. Syncing photos via iCloud has always worked fine and I have not knowingly changed the settings.

I was doing some culling of unwanted photos and videos and noticed the iPhone and mac weren't syncing any more. iPhone Photos app told me it was updating 48 photos but didn't appear to getting anywhere. Later I turned iCloud off, and later back on, and in the process somehow succeeded in deleting almost all (bar 33) photos (=~2500). The photos are all there on iCloud.com, and accessible through photos on the mac but recently taken photos haven't uploaded.

So I'm fairly confused. How do I restore all the photos back to my iPhone photos library, and what might have gone wrong in the syncing process?

Any helpful thoughts, including pointing out the bleedin' obvious, gratefully received.
Thanks.
Chris

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't use iCloud Photos personally, so I am not very familiar with it. Maybe another member has some experience with it and will have some good suggestions.

You could always work with an Apple Store or Apple Support, to make sure you don't lose any of your photos.

Sorry, but good luck!

C

Ask a Question