Photos App

Reaction score
My shared folders have disappeared from my Mac. I can see them on my iPhone Xs and my iPad but not on my Mac where they originated from. Some of the photos imported from my phone aren't coming through either. Anyone having this issue?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Where were the folders originally located and shared from?

C

Reaction score
Mojave 10.14.6. The folders were shared albums in my photo app. Some of my origin and some that were shared from others.
Phone and iPad are current to latest releases. Timing of the mobile updates makes me somewhat suspicious. Timing is so close

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I haven't used the sharing feature in Photos, or iCloud Photos personally.

Maybe this article from iGeeks Blog will help diagnose the issue: How to Create Shared Albums on Your Mac

I would double-check to see if all devices are using the same Apple ID.

I will let you know if I have any more ideas.

C

Reaction score
Thanks, I have no other ID to open these with. It really puzzles me. It isn't transferring my iPhone photos to the Mac either. Checked to make sure the settings were right and I have plenty of cloud and onboard memory available. Something is just really messed up. I also recently upgraded my Avast Security software but it didn't put anything in the chest. really baffled here.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I wonder if Avast could be blocking it? I don't use any third-party security software either. Maybe try disabling Avast and see if things sync?

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I wonder if Avast could be blocking it? I don't use any third-party security software either. Maybe try disabling Avast and see if things sync?

C
That was it! Protection can be trouble sometimes. I had to toggle the various controls in Photo App preferences to get things moving again but I'm on the way to recovery. Thanks a million!

Ask a Question