PDX OCR X and READ IRIS APPS

Reaction score
I bought IRIS pro 14 and pdx ocr x to scan a document, save it, and later open it and make changes. When I try to open one of the scanned documents, I see an X and nothing happens. Can anyone help? Mac 10.8 much ram and big hd. T

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
What is the file extension of this scanned doc?

In Finder, do any of these docs have a specific icon to identify the app that is set to open it?

How are you trying to open these scans, from within an open app or just by double-clicking them in Finder?

Reaction score
What is the file extension of this scanned doc?

In Finder, do any of these docs have a specific icon to identify the app that is set to open it?

How are you trying to open these scans, from within an open app or just by double-clicking them in Finder?
I scanned them with my hp scanner b4 I bot the apps. It changed them to tiffs. I tried opening them in the finder by double clicking which didn't open the doc. I don't know if I should open one or both of the apps or what. Thank you for your interest. T

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Highlight one of these files and press Command + I and in the Get Info window look down to the section "Open with:" ... what app is listed there ?

You could try clicking on the pull-down menu there and choosing Preview.

Reaction score
Highlight one of these files and press Command + I and in the Get Info window look down to the section "Open with:" ... what app is listed there ?

You could try clicking on the pull-down menu there and choosing Preview.

I misinformed you about being able to open the Tiff. I can open it with a double click with Preview but I can't make changes to it and that was the whole purpose of buying the apps. Thank you, T

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I scanned them with my hp scanner b4 I bot the apps. It changed them to tiffs. I tried opening them in the finder by double clicking which didn't open the doc. I don't know if I should open one or both of the apps or what. Thank you for your interest. T
There is the problem. If you changed them to TIFF, they become a graphic file, not an editable text file.

I would read up on the process for Readiris Pro 14 and rescan.

C

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. When I rescan the documents, what should I ask for instead of TIFF? Tiff seemed to be my printers preference but there are several others. In order to use the "correctly" scanned docs, do I have to open the Readiria app? How are the Readiris, and the OCD app different and do I need them both? Thank you for being so patient. T

Reaction score
if you want to edit the text, then you need one of the editing formats like, plain Text, RTF or maybe Word.

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. As I was not familiar with Iris, I was really frustrated and disappointed. You all have helped so much, and I appreciate it. T

Ask a Question