Paste image from apple preview turns black

Reaction score
Help please. Since I updated to El Capitan when ever I cut an image from a tif file image of music and try to paste it into a Word document the image goes from white background with black notes to black background with white notes. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a new conflict with programs or do I have some setting changed that is causing this? I am lost. Thanks for any help. Dave

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

We'll need a little more information to help you out:

-What version of Microsoft Office/Word?
-What do you mean by "I cut an image from a tif file image of music" - what is the image source?

C

Reaction score
I have Office 2015. The sources is a downloaded tif file of church music. I found an answer looking around. I'm not sure how it works but I know export the image to 1bit tif and the new image cuts and paste appropriately. Must be a differences between i bit and 8bit information. I would still like to understand. Thanks

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
1-bit TIFF files are normally used for prepress printing. The file you are copying from is probably setup for commercial printing, and not normal, non-commercial work. Most applications like Word use 8-bit or 24-bit TIFF file formats.

What work-around did you find?

Does that help?

C

Ask a Question