PassWord & Ver.Code forgotten

Reaction score
Now before you roll your eyes and send messages about what a idiot I am, just take it as done - I have already kicked myself around the block!

I decided to make my MacbookPro a little more secure since I was going to be taking my machine on my travels. Firstly I put in a simple boot admin password. I then went to Syst.Pref. and clicked on Fileguard to set up a p/word and was given a code which I copied and pasted to my note pad App. I also answered several security questions. I was then asked to restart and stupidly pressed the tab before writing down the verification code! I tried to interrupt the closing down by pressing the power button quickly but to no avail and it opened asking for my password.
This is the worst bit .... it wouldn't recognise it, it gave me the hint but would not accept the five letter word. I've used this simple P/W many times as the keys I use are on my left hand (saddy -German keyboard) I've tried a few variations but to no avail!

I am then asked the Verification code but of course I don't know it because it was pasted to notepad in the computer and therefore not accessible!

How can I get my machine to ask me the security questions so that I can open the machine? .

I can open my Windows partition so am able to read my mail but don't think it will help getting in the back door!

Any suggestions guys and girls will be very welcome .... I'm so embarrassed

Reaction score
Fileguard
nothing can open this door, not Apple, no us, no one. You must enter that code. If you registered that with Apple they can recover it, did you register it with Apple?

Reaction score
nothing can open this door, not Apple, no us, no one. You must enter that code. If you registered that with Apple they can recover it, did you register it with Apple?

No I did not get a chance to register it unless it did so automatically with icloud.
What I don't understand is why it does not register my basic code when I boot or it sleeps. It doesn't ask the Verification code at that point.

Reaction score
I tried to interrupt the closing down by pressing the power button quickly
This is never a good idea.
No, I don't think its a part of iCloud, but you could check.
Sorry, but I think the best you could do is take it to an Apple Store and talk to a Genius there, Fileguard is hi-tech security.

Reaction score
Since I answered several security questions does this mean that it is registered with Apple? Does the Verification Code become the log-in code? Thanks for your replies.

Ask a Question