Parallels - problem with Black Ops II and Direct X

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently bought Parallels for my MacBook Pro. He doesn't really know how all of this works, so I helped him with everything, setting up Windows, and that all worked.

What he primarily wanted was to play games on on Windows, that he couldn't play on Mac. For example, Black Ops II.
So, he tried to launch Black Ops II, and...message error:
Direct X has encountered an unrecoverable error

So, I've been looking around the Internet, and it seems to be some kind of Video Card problem. So I went in the device managers, and I couldn't find any Video Card driver there.

So, I was wondering, how does all this work? Is it possible to play the game? All the other minimum specs specified on the game's box seem to be satisfied, apart from the graphic/video card.

Thanks a lot, he really needs this!

Cheers.

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry but I would never go near windows so can not rally offer advice on parallels workings.
But am sure someone here might, as I said if I were considering it then boot camp would be my choice.

Ask a Question