Paragraph Styles in Pages

Reaction score
For a project I want to make a little booklet that requires special formatting. I have done that for the first spread and created a paragraph style for that spread. Is there a way to make that style permanent so that I can simply click on it or do I have to reset all the partamenters for every other spread?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

If you added it as a custom paragraph style, you should be able to apply it as you go by selecting one or more paragraphs, then in the Format sidebar choose the custom paragraph style to apply it. If you want it to stay for the following paragraphs, click the More tab in the Format sidebar, and change Following Paragraph Style to Same or your custom style.

C

Reaction score
Cory, I'm confused. When I click on the little down arrow in the in the area above where it says "style" and then on the plus sign I can enter the name of the format I have created by setting all the margins, number of columns, etc. But the next time I start a new Pages file that name doesn't appear. So I can't just automatically set the new style for that document. What am I doing wrong?

Ask a Question