Pages - opening error message

Reaction score
I may have recently had an upgrade, but now my Pages on my IMAC is 09. Since about the same time (coincidence?), I often get a message: "The required index.xml file is missing." Sometimes this is not there when I try the next day, but tonight I am so frustrated. I had two Pages documents, both from the same day, in fact within a hour or two of each other. I can open one, but get this error with the other. Of course that is the one I absolutely need!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You might have 2 versions of Pages on your iMac which is causing confusion you may need to go to the App Store & download version 5.

But for now try right-clicking on the file you wish to open then choose "Open With" then select which version of Pages you want to open the file with … You can also try choosing the file you wish to open from the "Open Recent" found under the "File" menu … does this help?

Reaction score
It did help! Thanks so much. I didn't know that - if you get a "New Install" message that the new version would install and the old one would disappear. And when I checked my Apps, only one does exist on my IMAC, dated 5/15/15. So I don't have two, but I now know how to open something when I get that frustrating message.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You may still have two versions...the newest one located in Applications > Pages and the older one located in Applications > iWork 09 > Pages.

C

Reaction score
You are right....I assume I should delete the iWork?

You know, ever since I bought this IMAC, 3 years ago, I have hated Pages. Apple told me I would "love it", once I knew it. But all this time later, I don't' know it, can't figure it out, and now with upgrades, it just gets worse. I've been a MAC person for 30+ years and this is getting me so down~

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Maybe you should consider Microsoft Office. Word is an excellent application that works well, as does Excel.

Ask a Question