SOLVED Outgoing iPad (v6G) message rejected

Reaction score
I have recently acquired an iPad 6 Gen. I have followed the instructions to set up Email. As a test I want to send an email to myself. I can do that quite satisfactorily from my MacPro and the message comes back nicely. However, on the iPad, the message sends, but then I get a notification: "Cannot send mail. The server rejected one of the recipient's addresses. The message has been put in your Outbox." The recipient is me, exactly the same as worked on my MacPro.
How do I fix?
Thanks, Max Wideman

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of iOS
-Who is the email provider?
-How did you add the account(s)?

C

Reaction score
1. The iOS is 13.3.1
2. The email provider: The company that hosts our web site ((e-mail address removed)) is Digital Ovean. The eMail outgoing host is mailout.easymail.ca
3. Adding the account: I have Joe Malacina's iPad Manual for beginners, see Chapter 7 - Email pp45-46. (BTW incoming mail works fine.)
4. More: When I send to anyone, after the whoosh, the following message comes back: "Cannot send Mail. The server rejected one of the recipient's addresses. The message has been placed in your Outbnox". The iPad settings are the same as is on my MacPro 2012 table top computer, and that works fine.
Cory, your help will be much appreciated! Max

Reaction score
Finally I invited a young techie to look at my iPad. She worked through four possible solutions found on Google, the last being to delete the email program completely and reinstall. To my amazement, EMAILING NOW WORKS JUST FINE!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
HA! Glad you found a solution.

Thanks for posting for the benefit of others.

C

Ask a Question