OSX Upgrade

Reaction score
So in your case, of the word/phrase appears in more than one Word document, either using Finder or EasyFind for the search, it shows some of those Word documents as "hits", but others are not "seen"?

Reaction score
When I open the Finder, the Header reads: Search: This Mac: "Desktop"

How do I change the "Desktop" to "Documents"?

Reaction score
Now the Finder isn't working properly again. I downloaded EasyFind, and that finds some of the documents, but not all.

Reaction score
Well, it was the opposite with me. I just installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software, ran it (I'm clean!), and then used AppCleaner to remove it and any other associated "stuff". Well, AppCleaner only found one additional folder (besides the app). So, after they were deleted, I pressed Command-F in the Finder, and entered "Malwarebyes" as the search term. It was set to search "This Mac", but found nothing. But when I used EasyFind, it found 11 other files that had Malwarebytes/malwarebytes as part of its name. I was thus able to get rid of 8 of them (one of them was the app itself, along with 2 others).

Reaction score
I downloaded the Malwarebytes and did a scan and it read clean, like you did. Then I trashed the Malwarebytes, but the Avatar is still in the menu. How do I get rid of that?

Reaction score
The best thing you can (and should) do is to download the excellent free software AppCleaner. It is excellent at finding most files/folders associated with an application that one wants to remove. You can get it form here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

However, in some/"a few" cases, it will not catch everything. So, use EasyFind to search your machine for "stuff" with the name of the app you just deleted/removed.

Reaction score
The best thing you can (and should) do is to download the excellent free software AppCleaner. It is excellent at finding most files/folders associated with an application that one wants to remove. You can get it form here:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

However, in some/"a few" cases, it will not catch everything. So, use EasyFind to search your machine for "stuff" with the name of the app you just deleted/removed.
That worked out great!

Reaction score
Cool! AppCleaner is really a fantastic product that sure can help to keep one's machine "lean, mean, and clean".

Reaction score
In the Finder, selecting Contents Contains, I put in my selection, and the Finder goes to work, listing documents that the particular word is in. This may work this way for a few times, and then the document no longer comes up in the listing. This happens with several documents. Where do they go that they no longer show up in the Finder window?

MacBook Pro Silver

macOS. Sierra Version 10.12.3 10.13.1 10.13.2 10.13.3 10.13.4 10.13.5

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Processor: 2.6 GHz. Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz. LPDDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

Ask a Question