OS X Mail Application Not Showing ANY Windows After Long Load Time

Reaction score
Hi!

Before anything: you can see which system I'm working with in the attached screen capture.

Yeah, I've had the issues where windows take a long time to load and eventually works & everything shows. Today I opened Mail around 8:15am & came back home around 6:20pm ... still nothing.

The hell do I have to do? This is annoying.

Also, I keep getting the popup to enter my AOL mail credentials as though my password is incorrect...but the password IS correct. I even just changed it to make sure. Why is this such a b*******?

Thank you! :)

Respectfully,
Al

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 9.57.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 9.57.25 PM.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 141
Reaction score
Hi,
Have you tried any of the following.

1) Deleting account and start again.
2) Rebuilding the mailbox.
2) Manual reindexing.

Reaction score
Hi!

Thank you so much for your response! The first I fear would not help much for my main problem. I've only done the second. I don't know much about manual reindexing, but I can look into that. Any further advice would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

The other thing I would do is run Activity Monitor, then open Mail. Now check AM for Hungary processes, as Somthing is hogging your resources.

Manual reindexing can take a while first I would run a backup, and then here is a quick guide.

First navigate to your hidden home Library folder, to do this hold down the Option key, then in the Finder menu choose Go > Library.

In ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData, delete any file that begins with “Envelope Index,” such as Envelope Index or Envelope Index-shm. (Before you actually delete the files I would copy them to a folder on your desktop.)

Launch Mail and the app will build new Envelope Index files -- this can take a long time if there are numerous messages to go through.

Now if all is working better and correctly, you can safely delete the copies of the Envelope Index files from your desktop.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you!

As I go to
~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData only Accounts.plist is there, so there's not much I can do. Thank you for your reply though!

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, Mail just randomly finally appeared! I didn't even do anything really. Activity Monitor basically just said Mail & Safari were taking up the most memory. Thanks again, everyone!!

Ask a Question