OS Clipboard

Reaction score
I get it that the Clipboard only stores one clip at a time, but I cannot seem to copy from, or save to, or open in Finder from the Show Clipboard window ....am I missing a step? How do I manipulate the file that is in Clipboard?
Thanks
Nick

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't think you can manipulate items in the Clipboard. The Show Clipboard window is simply that - it shows what has been copied. You would need to paste the contents into an appropriate file, which would then let you manipulate it.

What is it you are trying to do?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't think you can manipulate items in the Clipboard. The Show Clipboard window is simply that - it shows what has been copied. You would need to paste the contents into an appropriate file, which would then let you manipulate it.

What is it you are trying to do?

C
Thanks, Cory.....but I cannot Paste from the Clipboard, either - no command to do this. What is the function of the Clipboard if the content cannot be manipulated in any way?

Reaction score
OK, I get it now - cannot be manipulated -seems pointless to me. I now have an app from the Store that does what I want - $0.99.
Thanks
Nick

Reaction score
The function of the clipboard is to copy data from one application to another. Command + c to copy And command + v to paste. I literally copy and paste 100’s of times a day. I have never had the need to manipulate data IN the clipboard. Modifications normally take place in the destination but that depends on what you are copying and pasting.

Ask a Question