Onyx

Reaction score
mojave is not allowing onyx access to system, ( preferences, security / privacy) there are no warning, directions
or any indications of whats to be done .....the strange thing is that is was able to run on both externals when first changed to mojave and now nothing.....have downloaded twice to make sure of correct osx app from titanium
and have used onyx in the past.....vg app and would like to resolve however am willing to switch to another to eliminate problem........

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

You are running OnyX 3.6.8, which is the latest version for Mojave, correct?

C

Reaction score
the short history> had to turn off sip and then was able to grant access to computer> used onyx
(developer site have specific downloads and have downloaded for mojave, twice to make sure of no mistakes)
turned sip back on> back to not being able to grant access

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Hmmm...I am running OnyX 3.9.6 for Big Sur/M1 and didn't have to mess with SIP at all. I did have to do the one step in Security & Privacy:
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 09.24.19.png

It works now, and SIP is enabled.

?

C

Reaction score
c,
the preference security and privacy directions to allow full access to onyx are followed and that is where preferences refuses to recognize the app........when onyx worked w/o sip ran diagnostics and was hopping to clear what ever to allow it to work with sip enabled ....no luck

also you mention big sur m1 as current operating system and remember you saying you have large archives of movies and audiobooks, how are you able to access them on the new machine ? my understanding is m1 dosent allow access to external drives or cloning for backup boot drives or am i miss informed........

Last edited:

Ask a Question