Office 2011 Locked...

Reaction score
I am trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2011 from the original installation CD. This is a legal copy of the program, and I have installed it before. However, when I put the CD into the external CD Rom Drive, and then click on the install icon, instead of a install button, I get something odd. It says that the "Office Installer --Locked" and I can not install the program.

Reaction score
Here is a picture of what the install window looks like...

Attachments

• trying to installMSO.JPG
    trying to installMSO.JPG
    399.4 KB · Views: 306

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which version of OS X?

From your screenshot, the package is set to open with Terminal instead of the Installer app. See if you can click on Terminal and change it to Installer.

You may be able to launch the Office Installer.mpkg from the Terminal: OfficeforMacHelp.com > Command line.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
That may be part of the problem, since Office 2011 isn't officially supported under macOS Sierra.

-Do you already have it installed and are trying to reinstall over the top?
-Is there a specific issue you are having that warrants a reinstall?

C

Reaction score
That may be part of the problem, since Office 2011 isn't officially supported under macOS Sierra.

-Do you already have it installed and are trying to reinstall over the top?
-Is there a specific issue you are having that warrants a reinstall?

C
I had the program installed on this Mac since I purchased it in June of last year. It worked fine until last week. I had installed Grammarly on my computer, and a few days later I opened Word and then ran an Office Update. After the update, word became unusable, so I deleted Office and attempted to reinstall the program. That is where I am now at.

Reaction score
I had the program installed on this Mac since I purchased it in June of last year. It worked fine until last week. I had installed Grammarly on my computer, and a few days later I opened Word and then ran an Office Update. After the update, word became unusable, so I deleted Office and attempted to reinstall the program. That is where I am now at.
Thanks for your ideas.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

You could try copying the installer mpkg to your Desktop and running it from there. Or, make a disk image using Disk Utility and try running it after that is mounted.

C

Ask a Question