SOLVED Noisy Fan. Imac high Sierra 10.13.6

Reaction score
Just got a new hard drive installed.....I never used to notice a noisy fan before this...any suggestions ?....Also, I am new to this forum...how do I say thank you when someone solves my problem....somehow helped me out few weeks ago...I did not know how to reply...

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

If the fan is on constantly, then whoever did the hard drive install either didn't replace the thermal or fan sensor cable with the new drive, or didn't reconnect one of the fan cables.

There are several fan sensor and control applications that you can install to tell which fan is the culprit.

Temperature Gauge ($9.99)
System Monitor ($4.99)
Macs Fan Control (you can use the free version)

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Oh, you can always respond to any thread you start, by visiting it, typing a reply, and clicking Post reply. Also, there should be a Like button in the lower right of the posts you can click.

Here is a link to you other post: https://www.mac-help.com/threads/safari-bookmarks.226635/

No real need to thank us unless your issue is resolved and appreciated, but we do love the kind words. ;)

C

Reaction score
Just got a new hard drive installed.....I never used to notice a noisy fan before this...any suggestions ?....Also, I am new to this forum...how do I say thank you when someone solves my problem....somehow helped me out few weeks ago...I did not know how to reply...
Thank you for your help..works !

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
I just read your reply and it took me just about a couple of minutes to fix this most annoying pb I've had for months!

Many thanks! Much appreciated!

Ask a Question