SOLVED No sound input in OS Monterey 12.2.1

Reaction score
Hi, I recently upgraded to Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1 and the sound output is fine but there is no sound input. So when I try to record anything from the internet or YouTube there is no sound recorded. When I look at my Input level bar, there is no movement at all. There are two Input choices, Mac Microphone and External Microphone. I don't have an external microphone and don't need one either.
So how do I get my internal microphone to work so I can record videos from YouTube and other sources>
All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Julien

Reaction score
I made a mistake. I discovered that the microphone does work when I talk to my Mac but there is no sound input when I am watching a documentary or YouTube video. Then there is no movement in the input level bar. There are two Input choices, Mac Microphone and External Microphone but nothing else. In OS Big Sur, there was a third possibility that was used when I recorded videos but that is now missing. Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks
Julien

k24

Reaction score
Hi Julianht,
You can try this method as Garry's advice :-

Good luck.

Regards
Seenu

Ask a Question