No simcard here?

Reaction score
Hi everybody, On my IPHONE SE 256 model nr A2783 I find no possibillity to change a sim card. Maybe there is no sim card. What can I do? Dirk

Reaction score
Thanks for your reaction MightyGem! No, I do not find any tray for a SIMcard. Maybe this one iPhone is different from the previous ones that I had before. Found no explicit warning about this feature. Thanks again, Dirk

Reaction score
Yes, I had seen those specs. Facts defy theory apparently. That's why I published my amazement

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

That model is an iPhone SE (3rd generation) for sale in (other countries and regions). Here is the model breakdown:
  • A2595 (United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Mexico, Saudi Arabia)
  • A2782 (Japan)
  • A2784 (Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan)
  • A2785 (China)
  • A2783 (other countries and regions)
The specifications shows the following for the SIM Slot:
  • nano-SIM and eSIM (A2595, A2782, A2784, A2783)
  • nano-SIM (A2785)
Depending on the country, your iPhone may only have an eSIM, but should still have a nano-SIM slot (iPhone SE is not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards). Location should be on the right side about in the middle per the diagram on Apple's website, as MightyGem mentioned:

iPhone SE (3rd generation) - Technical Specifications

If for some reason that slot is not there, I would confirm the model and that it is a genuine Apple iPhone SE. You can enter the serial number here: Check Device Coverage

Depending on the cellular carrier you use, you may need to use the eSIM instead.

Feel free to upload some photos of the phone.

C

Reaction score
Hi MightyGem and Cory. Thanks for your messages. Something bizarre. In the first accompanying images of the specs of the A2783 there is a tray for the SIM card clearly visible, but in the images further on it has disappeared! And under 'Cellular and Wireless' it has different specs from 'All other models'. But this does not concern the SIM of course.
I am now on eSIM and that works. Cheers Dirk

Ask a Question