No longer able to open/or access my Facebook account on Chrome

Reaction score
I have had this problem for about 2 weeks. I use Facebook on Chrome specifically for Messenger so that I can have family chats with faraway family members. A couple of weeks ago I was unable to access it. Facebook still opens on Safari but Safari does not support Messenger. I have googled this problem and followed all instructions but it still won't open. If I open it as "incognito" then the site comes up properly but tells me my name/password is wrong so doesn't allow access. This is happening on my MacBook Air. I am able to use my android phone Facebook app so it is just the computer that is not allowing me to do this in Chrome.

Reaction score
What Mac OS and Safari version are you using?
I use Messenger with Safari with no problem.

Reaction score
I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 an hour ago and I still cannot use the video on Messenger. Updated Safari as well to 15.6.1. Got "this browser does not support Messnger. Download Messenger for Mac" So I downloaded it but I cannot open it in my applications.

Ask a Question