No blue dot for new e-mails

Londoner

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me as to why I don't get the "blue dot indication", or email notification number on the bottom of my screen ?

When I check, there are unread emails in my inbox, but I have to check my email page all the time, in case I miss seeing any !

I have a iMac OS Mojave Version 10 14 6. not quite a year old.

Thank you as always for your help.

Pat

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the same issue running High Sierra 10.13.6. Sometimes it will show the icon badge, sometimes it won't. I am running SpamSieve however, which may have something to do with it, since it processes email as it hits the inbox.

Not sure if there is a fix, but I will let you know.

C

oldscribe

Reaction score
Hi,

How do you have mail notifications set up? mine is as screen shot.

Attachments

Londoner

Reaction score
I don't have my emails set up as anything that you've shown on here. I just use standard Mac Mail.

My computer is not quite a year old and I've never had this problem before (or on any previous computers). I just can't understand as to why this is happening now ?

oldscribe

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you tried rebuilding the inbox of the problem account.
Mail>Mailbox>Rebuild.

If you have possibly try reindexing the Mailbox.

Ad

Advertisements

Londoner

Reaction score
I am just not technically minded, so cannot "rebuild inbox". It's nearly all of my mails, not just one person's. Never mind, I will just have to give up, or go to the shop where I purchased my computer.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question