Newbie here!

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I'm Nick and I'm a new Mac user. I've just got an Apple's 2021 iMac as a present and I need to learn how to use it effectively. I've used to own an older Mac version back in 2009 but it's been a long time since then and I need to remember a lot.
I hope to learn from more experienced users here and maybe share some interesting stuff I find out about Macs.

Great to be here. Cheers!

Reaction score
Hi y'all!

I'm Nick and I'm a new Mac user. I've just got an Apple's 2021 iMac as a present and I need to learn how to use it effectively. I've used to own an older Mac version back in 2009 but it's been a long time since then and I need to remember a lot.
I hope to learn from more experienced users here and maybe share some interesting stuff I find out about Macs.

Great to be here. Cheers!
Welcome! There’s only one iMac 2021 model, and that’s the 24" M1 iMac. Did I get that right? It came with macOS 11.3 Big Sur installed, and capable of running the latest macOS. Your model identifier is iMac21,2 (very helpful knowing when asking for assistance, in addition to the size of the drive and amount of memory). I notice a lot of posts here do not get responses due to lack of details about the Mac in question. Good luck!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I’ve been a Mac user since 2009 and although not a power user, I work in tech so can figure most things out. Prior to that, was a Linux user since the late 90’s. I use Macs now because I don’t have to think about them: they just work.

Reaction score
Welcome! There’s only one iMac 2021 model, and that’s the 24" M1 iMac. Did I get that right? It came with macOS 11.3 Big Sur installed, and capable of running the latest macOS. Your model identifier is iMac21,2 (very helpful knowing when asking for assistance, in addition to the size of the drive and amount of memory). I notice a lot of posts here do not get responses due to lack of details about the Mac in question. Good luck!
Thanks a lot for identifying the model! I'll try to be as specific as possible when asking technical questions:)

Ask a Question