New to Mac need help

Reaction score
I am hoping to go all Apple but have a few issues that stop me. I currently have a MacBook Air which I love for travel and reliability. I design training and associated materials such as trifold user guides. When using my Windows machines my current printer and Foxit I can print double sided and select which side to flip on, so the backside is not upside down when folded into a trifold. (HP 8600 Pro Plus)

I cannot print double sided using Acrobat DC on my Mac or on the new Foxit for Mac. Other software options print the backside upside down as there is no option to select which side to flip on. I have tried iskysoft and Wondershare. These do not have a double sided option or they print upside down as no option for which side to flip on is available. Does anyone know of a PDF reader that will solve this? Or other software that opens pdfs.

Reaction score
Being a Windows user for over 35 years, and a Mac user for only 3, I may be totally off base. But I believe it's the printer that formats double-sided print. I have 3 printers, 2 of which will print double sided with your choice of where the flip is - long side, short side, etc - the last printer is an older HP B/W laser that won't print double sided. I use MS Word on both OS's. To my knowledge the word processing software does nothing to specifically format the double-sided option, it formats the page, use it as front or back. It's the printer that formats the double-sided option. Reinstall the printer drivers/software package, make sure it's for Mac. Most printers will print straight from a Mac with generic drivers, but there are few if any options.
My 0.2

Ski

Ask a Question