new to forum

Reaction score
hello to all. Have had mac's for some time now. still having issues and tried mac help desk with no help. I have a power mac g4 and g5, g4 has leopard and g5 has tiger. No mac store has software to go to leopard on g5. can I put leopard on g5 from g4 and how. thanks in advance to any help you can provide.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

I'm not a 100% positive but believe know was no PPC-specific version of the Leopard installer (it works cross-architecture), so if you find one it will work on that Mac (as long as its processor is 867 Mhz or faster w/ 9 GB of free disk space and a DVD drive).
If you do not have the g4 disk then possibly phone apple as see if they will sell to you. I have just looked on eBay and found this.
http://m.ebay.fr/itm/400591586900?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Bottom line yes think you can do this.

Reaction score
You can't use the DVDs from different models you will need a full retail version.

Max version for G5 is Leopard, G4 will run Leopard if you can get plenty of RAM in it.

Ask a Question