New safari crashed my Mac... Help Pretty Please!

Reaction score
After loading the new safari which is required for my online college text, I get this message.
You can't use this version of the application Safari with this version of Mac OS X. You have Mac OS X 10.6.8. The application requires Mac OS X 10.9 or later.

Only now that I can't use the Safari, how do I get the newer version? WTF? How can I undo this major situation?
Thanks.
johni

Is there a phone number to call that can help me?

Reaction score
I'm a little confused as to how you installed it, the installers don't normally allow installation on old versions of OSX.

This is where you will the right version http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari

To uninstall, go to the Application Folder, locate Safari, drag and drop it into the trash and empty trash.
The real problem is it may have also updated webkit/quicktime which is a system wide problem.

Reaction score
Thanks Kaveman. I'm not so sure what happened. And I'm not sure how to undo it, as I am using my hubby's computer, also a kiwi incidentally...
I guess I'm going to have to pull out my original disc and reboot the whole system?

Ask a Question