New PowerBook's out tomorrow !!!

Reaction score
Thanks alot Ric for making my wait for a Powerbook even more painful ! :mad:

Amazing pictures though, your a lucky guy.

Ric

Reaction score
Thanks D:

To be fair the last PowerBook (lasted) 5 years ! Sorry to compound your pain !

(It's still going strong but needs a new keyboard) It shall be put back up on it's shelf as a test server, again !

But at least you've had a look inside the box, LOL.

Needed for work really, time I did some ! And you've gotta have the right tools !

I had 'really' intended to buy one just when you're in that 'Applestore' ...well you know it's just a bit to much temptation !

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Ric said:
I had 'really' intended to buy one just when you're in that 'Applestore' ...well you know it's just a bit to much temptation !
The EXACT reason I try to stay away from the Apple Store I can see out of my window..."temptation"!

Every time I go in there I drop a a few hundred dollars...geesh...

:)

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

Not married, free all day and night, bored, cash in hand, need/want everything, only about a mile from here...bad combo!

;)

C

Ric

Reaction score
Well not quite tomorrow...

but it may happen...

IBM's announcement of a low-power 970FX PowerPC G5 processor yesterday came as a bit of a surprise to some analysts and industry insiders who believe the chip could be the first worthy contender to power a G5-based laptop from Apple, but question if Mac maker will choose to use it.

Two variants of the chip - a 1.2GHz version and a 1.4GHz version - consume an approximately 13 watts of power, believed to be cool enough to operate inside a PowerBook enclosure with an advanced cooling system. A high-end 1.6GHz version consumes 16 watts.

Reaction score
Ric said:
(they had a 15" with the 128mb Graphics card 100mb HD etc but it was out of stock...so what choice did I have !)

Hi Ric

Interesting that you mention the 15" with the extra memory and capacity. I was in the Apple store in London a few months ago and looked at getting a Powerbook. The wife suggested getting the 17" version but I was a bit unsure about it because we always take a laptop on holiday with us (copying digital photos to, watching DVDs, keeping a journal) and I thought the 17" was just a bit too big. The sales guy said that had a 15" with the same (or similar?) spec as the 17" version so I bought that instead.

Very happy with it so far

Regards

Mike

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Yes the spec between the 'top end' 15" and the 17" is virtually the same...if they had the 15" in stock when I went to the Apple Store then I would of bought that !

I just wanted the fastest they had with the 100gb drive, Superdrive, and the 128mb graphics card...

The 17" does sometimes 'feel' a lilttle cumbersome...especially when compared to Wifey's 12" iBook !

However, I am not complaining !! I would have been happy with any of them !

They're all nice !

regards

Ric

Ric

Reaction score
Have been using new PowerBook for a while now!

The only thing that irritates me is the 'metal on metal' if you know what I mean, I have a metal watch strap and have to take it off when using PB otherwise the noise goes straight through me...

Ask a Question