New popups and redirection

Reaction score
Haven't had my Macbook for more than a month and I'm being redirected when I search with Google in Google Chrome. Sometimes it's to MacKeeper, other times a news feed. It may have originated when I was asked to visit a sponsor before I could gain access to a download. Been searching all morning for a program to clean the Mac but they all seem to be preventative. Now using Avast for future safety but I want to wipe out these trojans.

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally I would not use Chrome, but have to ask if the same redirects happen with Safari.
Also unless you have boot camped would defiantly not run any real time antivirus software.

Reaction score
Ok, you need to fill me in on Apple's accommodation to deal with a current problem. How do yu remove the malware? What's the danger in an antivirus program?

Reaction score
Hi,

Apple's OS X OS have had built in antivirus safe guards and have done since Snow Leopards release.
So I feel it is a browser issue rather than an infection, so please tell us if the same happens with Safari.

If you have recently moved from Windows then I can understand your malware concern.

Ask a Question