New Mac mini

Reaction score
Hello. First post here. I just bought a new Mac mini. I want to use it for music production only. As soon as I connected it to the internet it retrieved all the data from my older Mac mini and Mac Book Air. How can I delete all non musical items? Running Logic Pro X.
Thank you. Rick.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Is this an M1 Mac mini?

It sounds like you may have signed into iCloud on the new mini, which may have synced iCloud Drive > Desktop & Documents files/folders and other iCloud information. Is that correct? If so, you can simply sign out of iCloud and choose to have the synced data removed.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Is this an M1 Mac mini?

It sounds like you may have signed into iCloud on the new mini, which may have synced iCloud Drive > Desktop & Documents files/folders and other iCloud information. Is that correct? If so, you can simply sign out of iCloud and choose to have the synced data removed.

C
Hi Cory. I signed out of iCloud but could not find anywhere to have synced data removed. Thanks for the reply.

Reaction score
Hi Cory. I signed out of iCloud but could not find anywhere to have synced data removed. Thanks for the reply.
Open Systems Preferences and click on Apple ID. On the sidebar, click on iCloud. On the main window, I assume you have iCloud Drive checked. Click on Options… for iCloud Drive. In the Documents tab, you will see Desktop & Documents Folders and a list of all the apps that store their data and settings on iCloud. Uncheck Desktop & Documents Folders to delete copies on your local Mac. (You will not lose your files in the cloud, just the copies on your local drive.)

You can also go down the list of apps to unsync your local data—probably GarageBand.app. And you can easily reverse these actions to get your data back from iCloud, which you can still access at any time by going to iCloud.com.

Ask a Question