New iMac should I?

Reaction score
HI. Got a great reply to an earlier question. Thank you Cory Cooper. Unfortunately I'm technically a bit weak. I'm buying a new iMac and do almost 80% of my use as Garage Band. I perform music and make and sell CDs from the stage. The rest of the time I do word processing as a freelance writer. Graphics are of no real concern. If I buy the 21.5" with a 2.3ghz and dual core 1.5 is that sufficient for Garage Band? Hz speeds, Core ????, etc. I don't understand. Will this low price iMac do the job?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
You're welcome. ;)

You can always reply to any other member's response in your original post, instead of starting a new thread. That way, all of the information is in one discussion, and easier to follow. No biggie though.

Yes, any current Mac is sufficient for GarageBand. Of course, higher-end models (faster GHz and more cores) will do some things quicker, but by a huge amount for a reasonably simple 2-4 track GarageBand project.

NOTE: None of the new Macs come with a CD/DVD drive, so you would need to purchase one. The Apple USB SuperDrive is a great value at $79 USD.

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask as many questions as you want - either in the post, or your original.

C

Ask a Question