New iMac is "glitching"

Reaction score
So I got my iMac in mid-Sept. and it was working fine for about a month but I find it now can't display anything properly anymore. As seen in the picture I uploaded, I tried to play SimCity which is was running fine back in Sept. but now the screen goes pretty crazy.

This happens even when running iTunes, google chrome, especially Safari for some reason. The lines aren't as bad as they are during running programs like the games or even watching video files - but it still happens, usually three or four lines and they sometimes flash like. The other day while writing an essay on Pages, the top right corner of the screen was flashing with a large line.

Another thing that has happened a few times is, well the best way to describe it is when a PC freezes up and leaves stamps all over the screen from the window you moved around.

As you can imagine it's frustrating - not only because it's distracting and limits what I can use my computer for, but I upgraded the computer heavily when I ordered it (which cost more money obviously) and it barely made it a month before this began happening.

In case this helps answer the problem, the computer's stats are: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 gb memory, 1600 MHz DDr3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB and I have 2.89 TB free out of 3.11 TB.

I have an Apple Care plan but obviously I don't want to go dragging it to a Mac Store if there are other options I can try here at home first. I get the feeling it is an issue with the graphics card but I'm kind of clueless when it comes to the technical side in situations like this, so any help would be great - but please use layman's terms
Screen Shot 2013-11-08 at 7.27.03 PM.png

Ask a Question