SOLVED Need to upgrade to High Sierra

Reaction score
I have a Mac mini (Late 2014) and two MacBooks (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2016). All are running Sierra 10.12.6 and need to be upgraded to High Sierra.

I started on Apple Support’s inviting page titled “How to upgrade to macOS High Sierra”. There is a link on that page that says “If you still need macOS High Sierra, use this App Store link: Get macOS High Sierra.” That link in turn took me to the macOS High Sierra page in the App Store but when I clicked “Open” on that page I got a message “This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.”

Then I tried running the install application file, “Install macOS High Sierra.app”, that I saved on 11/13/2017 and got the same message.

I see there has been some considerable discussion here about installing High Sierra so it’s probably here somewhere but, forgive me, I couldn’t find exactly what I need. Which is, how can I upgrade my Macs to High Sierra?

Reaction score
Found the following at discussions.apple.com
Step 1. Go to your applications folder.
Step 2. Find the installer for macOS Sierra.
Step 3. Right click on the installer and click "Show Package Contents".
Step 4. Click on folder named "Contents".
Step 5. Click on the folder named "SharedSupport".
Step 6. Delete the file named "InstallInfo.plist".
Step 7. Enter your administer password to confirm.
Step 8. Now open the installer.
May still encounter other challenges but at least the installation/upgrade has started for now ..

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry we didn't respond, but glad you found a possible solution.

Definitely let us know if it successfully installs, as it may benefit others in the future.

C

Reaction score
No worry. The installation finished successfully. I'll still need to test for a while to see if any damage occurred but at least it now shows 10.13.6 installed.
RW

Ask a Question