Need to Update to Mac OS X 10.10.0

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to update my Mac OS X software to 10.10.0.

I currently am running Version 10.8.5 on a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Mac with 8 GB of RAM.

I have downloaded both the OS X 10.10.1 and OS X 10.10.5.

I'm not able to install either version, because the installer says I need to install version 10.10.0 first.

I can't find version 10.10.0 online.

Could anyone please help me by posting a download link to OS X 10.10.0?

The software is also not downloading properly from the software update (it says 'error') so the only way I can download the update is by manually downloading this.

I also tried to update to version 10.9, but the OS X Install update said the software is not supported on my system.

I need to get my software updated so I can get some new DJ software working for work!

Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It sounds like you have downloaded the updaters instead of the full installer. The full installer is available from the Apple App Store:

OS X Yosemite

C

Reaction score
Thanks, but I don't understand how to install from here!

I opened the Mac App Store with iTunes, I'm searching to find Yosemite OS X and it does not show up.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It's not located in the iTunes App Store...that is for iOS device (iPhone/iPad) apps. Click on my link above and then click View in Mac App Store button. That will open the Mac App Store, and you can then download and install.

C

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Got the correct app store opened.

I actually already tried downloading the update from here, it says I download the update but that an error has occurred. Please see screen shot below.

I'm not able to download the update from the App Store.

Any ideas on what to do next?

thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 3.46.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-15 at 3.46.16 PM.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,309

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
First things to try would be to look in your Applications folder and delete the Install OS X Yosemite file, restart your Mac, and try to download it again. If that doesn't work, delete the file again, logout of the App Store, restart, launch the App Store, login again, the try to download it.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

C

Reaction score
Once you download OS 10.10 (it will be placed inside your Applications folder), make sure to first make a copy of it somewhere else on your Mac. The reason for that is once you run the OS 10.10 Installer file, it goes away.

Next, you do not need to next install the OS10.10.1 update first before installing OS 10.10.5. You can just install the OS10.10.5 Combo Update, and you can get that from here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1832?locale=en_US

Note that link is not via the App Store, but it is an Apple site.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It is my understanding that when you download the full installer from the Mac App Store, it downloads the latest full build - i.e. currently 10.10.5, so it shouldn't need to be updated.

C

Reaction score
Hmm, I never knew that, Cory. And, looking both in the App Store, and with the Install OS X Yosemite and OS 10.10.5 Combo Updater files I have, that seems to be the case.

Although OS 10.11 (El Capitan) is coming out soon, I think I'll download that OS 10.10.5 file from the App Store, just in case I need to do a complete Erase/Format/Partition of either of my SSDs, then do a installation of 10.10.5, after which I would use Migration Assistant to migrate (ie, copy) all my non-system "stuff" from my latest SuperDuper! backup.

Reaction score
Well, I did download the latest OS X Install Yosemite file from the App Store, and sure enough, the size of that file, 5.73 Gigabytes, is larger that the original, OS X Install Yosemite (OS 10.10) file, 5.172 Gigabytes, that I still have in another location.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, it should have a more recent creation date as well. All Macs that I have imaged recently used an installer from about a month ago, and it installed 10.10.4. The Mac App Store lists Yosemite as 10.10.5, so it makes sense that if you download it, or use Internet Recovery with current models, it would install the latest and greatest.

C

Reaction score
Understand. Previously, I went through the process of install the "virgin" OS 10.10 OS, then applied the OS 10.10.5 Combo Updater. Now, if need be, I can do that in one step.

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem--OS 10.10.0 "is not available from the US app store" ---yes, I've done a search online, but every link I try takes me to the app store which then of course gives me the same message. 10.10.0 must be available somewhere, right????

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
mamlukman,

It is only available now from the Purchased tab in the App Store if you previously had downloaded it. You can only get El Capitan now as a "new" upgrrade download.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to update my Mac OS X software to 10.10.0.

I currently am running Version 10.8.5 on a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7 Mac with 8 GB of RAM.

I have downloaded both the OS X 10.10.1 and OS X 10.10.5.

I'm not able to install either version, because the installer says I need to install version 10.10.0 first.

I can't find version 10.10.0 online.

Could anyone please help me by posting a download link to OS X 10.10.0?

The software is also not downloading properly from the software update (it says 'error') so the only way I can download the update is by manually downloading this.

I also tried to update to version 10.9, but the OS X Install update said the software is not supported on my system.

I need to get my software updated so I can get some new DJ software working for work!

Thank you!

Ask a Question