Need to strip emails from Xls media file

Reaction score
My first post. I'm not very technical.

I open a shop each Xmas to give away thousands of presents. A business was kind enough to just give me a list of thousands of media in Oceania. I installed Apache Open Office so I could see what I have and I also got someone to send me an Excel File of the downloaded list. I don't have MS software on my Macbook.

Each listing is a line of data concerning the media outlet and includes the email address and the person's name eg. all the reporters on a single paper etc.

I need to strip the emails out by themselves (as a group) so I can email them my News Release ASAP about encouraging others to open a shop. If I had to do this one by one, it would take a very long time.

I appreciate any help in simple language.

Cheers

Dennis Stevenson

PS. I trust I didn't need to send a Trackback, whatever that is.

Reaction score
You want us to help you Spam 1000's of businesses in Oceania?

My apologies if my post didn't explain that clearly. I send News Releases out to relevant Media outlets and only such outlets. Granted they are businesses, but they operate by gathering news. Over the years they have loved hearing about what I do.

As an aside, I only do things for free.

Re my query about xls files, I've already sorted that out so thanks all the same.

Cheers

Reaction score
No worries, in New Zealand which is in Oceania, it is illegal to send unsolicited emails, so we may have a tighter definition of Spam than many countries.

But it is worth keeping this in mind.

Ask a Question