SMC Version (system): 1.32f8

Serial Number (system): W8902GPE1AQ

Hardware UUID: 70A4D53F-D5BF-598B-A853-3A8EC353C840

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That MacBook is a 13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008 which does support the latest version of OS X - 10.10 Yosemite.

What version of Mac OS X/Safari are you running now?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That MacBook is a 13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008 which does support the latest version of OS X - 10.10 Yosemite.

What version of Mac OS X/Safari are you running now?

C
Thx for the reply. Safari Version 5.0.6 (5533.22.3).

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...it sounds like you are running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) or 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). It depends on which of these you are running as to how we proceed to upgrade the OS and Safari.

If you are running Leopard, then you will need to purchase a Snow Leopard upgrade CD and install it. Then you can upgrade to 10.10 Yosemite via the App Store. If you are running Snow Leopard already, then you can upgrade directly from the App Store.

In preparation for any upgrade, you should make sure you have a current backup of your entire hard drive, so you won't lose anything should something happen during the upgrade. Also, you should check which versions of other software you have such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and any other important applications to ensure they will be compatible with the newer OS, as most will probably require an upgrade as well, usually at a cost.

Is there a particular reason you are looking to upgrade Safari? If it is simply for compatibility with some websites, you could try to install a third party browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, which would save you a lot of time and possibly money for the short term.

C

Reaction score
C: Thx. I tried to download Firefox and get this is the message: Your system doesn't meet the requirements to run Firefox. I get the same when I try to download Chrome. When I log onto gmail, I get the message: This version of Safari is no longer supported; Please upgrade to a supported browser. When I look for Safari updates, MAC says there are no updates available. I do go to some websites that I can't access because I'm using such an outdated browser. G

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
If there are no updates available via Software Update, then you have to move to a newer version of the OS as I stated previously.

If you let me know what exact version of Mac OS X you are running, I can help you find a supported version of Google Chrome or Firefox.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
juliagulia,

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X are you currently running?
-Do you have an Apple Store near you?

C

Ask a Question