Need help choosing iMac model

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Great to be a part of this community :)

I am a photographer and am getting ready to purchase a new iMac.

I work with Photoshop CS6 and my photo image files are very large (over 1 GB ea.)

I do not need a large screen as currently i use a 13" MBP and it works just fine for me, however, instead of going to a MBP Retina i believe an iMac would be best for me as portability is not a major concern. There are times when i will need to take my computer out in the field, but i believe iLuggage will help me with that just fine.

My dilemma is that i can't decide between the 21 inch and the 27 inch iMac. I have a few questions for you:

1. Other than upgradeability, is there any difference between the two models in terms of image quality of the displays?

2. Are there any advantages in purchasing the 27" model other than having more screen real estate?

3. I believe that if i get the best processor available with 16 gig ram that i should be in good shape with the smaller 21 inch model, but wanted to get your opinion. The only reason i am leaning towards the 21" screen is because i do have occasion when i need to move my computer to another location. Is there an easy way to transport a 27" model?

Thanks so much for helping me. I appreciate your opinions and expertise very much,

best to you,

rick

Reaction score
1. Other than upgradeability, is there any difference between the two models in terms of image quality of the displays?
No.

2. Are there any advantages in purchasing the 27" model other than having more screen real estate?
Yes, there are a number of differences.

Is there an easy way to transport a 27" model?
a Trolly??? They are not heavy but they are bulky.

If you go for the 21" you will want the top CTO you can buy.

Reaction score
No.

Yes, there are a number of differences.

a Trolly??? They are not heavy but they are bulky.

If you go for the 21" you will want the top CTO you can buy.

Thank you very much for your repy Kaveman. Appreciate it very much.

Can you tell me some of the differences between the 21" and the 27"?

"If you go for the 21" you will want the top CTO you can buy." can you explain that one for me? thanks again, rick

Ask a Question