my sister passed away

SwampWitch

Reaction score
She was my hero, my counselor, my best friend. She was just a kid herself when she stepped up to the challenge and became my mother because I desperately needed one and there was no one else. She gave me unconditional love which gave me the chance of a happy life later on.

She died of complications due to acral lentiginous melanoma. She was given 7 months to live but she was strong and brave and fought like a champion, and she beat it. When it mutated she beat it again, but it returned for a third time. We were told after she died that the cancer had gone to her nerve endings and made her feel like she was on fire. We had no idea; she never complained, griped, or snapped at anybody the whole time she was suffering.

My heart is broken and my world is upside-down; my head is reeling. I'm glad 2011 is over because that's the year she died, but I'm also sad it's over because she was still in my life then. There's a big empty place in my heart.

RIP my dear sister Linda.
This is the sweet face of the one who took care of me when I was little.
Linda-1.jpg

Thanks for listening.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that SwampWitch - rest in peace Linda.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Thanks so much. She didn't want an obituary but I wanted to write about her.

Reaction score
I sit hear with a tear in my eyes for the bravery of your sister and the sadness of your loss, may you find solars in the thought that the pain and struggle in over for her and that you can carry precious memories of her for the rest of your life.

My condolences to you and yours my friend.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
Three months before she died, Linda told me that something had changed and she didn't think she would make it. We didn't know at the time but that's when the 3rd cancer had started spreading. She said she's not giving up but "just in case" we should say our goodbyes. We've always been very close and talked daily, and we've never held back saying we loved each other, but we said everything again that day. It was such a horribly difficult time but now when I look back on it I am comforted.

Your words really help too, thanks again for the kindness and support.

karazelle

Reaction score
Sorry I'm a bit late to this and not meaning to rip up in anything, but I also send my condolences. I lost someone in the july 22 shooting here, and while she was a friend and not sister, I feel your loss. I could not imagine loosing my daughter or sister.

SwampWitch

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, karazelle, and thank you for your comment. We have to keep on, right? That's all we can do.

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss, she is in a much better place now . Stay safe and strong may you be blessed all the way

Ask a Question